Saturday, September 13, 2008

Dumb Dog- Dad

We just arrived home from Sacrament meeting. It begins at 6:00 Saturday evening, your time. This morning we left the apartment at about 8:10. That gives us 15 minutes to walk to the place where the taxi is, and a 20 minute ride by taxi, then we get there ten minutes early. When we walked out of our apartment there was a taxi just waiting there. He is not actually allowed to come to this area. Anyway, we jumped in and took off. He had to go out the back way (which was actually a short cut to go to church) so the campus police would not catch him where he shouldn't be. He drove like a wild man. Even the Chinese pedestrians jumped out of his way. He got us to church in about 9 minutes. He is so happy he got us there fast. Maybe he wanted a tip, I don't know. When he stopped, he gave me a high five and laughed. I paid him his buck sixty and he was off. Well, we get to church 35 minutes early. The church is locked. ( actually it is a very large house in a nice neighborhood) We sit on the steps of the church (house) waiting for someone to show up and unlock the doors. While we are sitting there, here comes a pooch. Kind of a small back thing. He looks at me and growls. I look at him an growl back. Now we have a contest going of looking and growling. Pretty soon I hear a person yealing.., I think she is calling for the dog. I keep quiet, but the pooch hasn't got enough sense to keep quiet. The owner comes and smacks the pooch for growling at me. I just keep quiet. The pooch gets put inside of a fensed yard. When the pooch is getting put in he gives me a dirty look. I say to mom, if the big dummy had had enough sense to keep his mouth shut he wouldn't have gotten into trouble. We went to the 2nd counselor in the branch presidency's house for lunch. The whole branch was invited. About 20 people. She served a delicious green salad, with cut up chicken, rolls and some fruit. It was really good. .We caught a cab home and now I am catching up on my emails and getting some school stuff ready. Tomorrow is a holiday and then back to school of Tuesday. Well, I wish I could have the children for a while. Love Dad P. S. We BYU so good, or was UCLA so bad? Or a little of both? Good night.

No comments: