Sunday, September 7, 2008

People stop us on the street- Dad

We just arrived home from church and having lunch. The phone card you got for me quit working. Could you check on it and see why. I still had about 10 or 12 hours on it. That is why I haven't called you lately. Don't worry if you can't get it working, I will buy one here. Maby the Chinese expect me to buy it here, if I am going to use it here. I don't start teaching full time for another week or two. Right now, I am just teaching 3 classes a week. The kids are smart and fun. I am spending a lot of time preparing for my classes. Mother helps me also. We are teaching some of the same classes, but hers is written English and mine is oral English. The class rooms are nice and clean. I think they are set up about the same as any high school or college class is in the U. S.. The people here couldn't be nicer. People stop us on the street, and want to pratice their English. When I am on campus, people, especially girls stop me and ask if they can take my class. Just to learn english, not for credit. I say sure, come on it. They are so greatful. They are so happy to speak with some one who speaks correct English. I have one class that only has 5 students registered. Only three showed up, and one was just to audit the class. I had a lot of one on one time and the three loved it. I am sending a check for almost $2500.00 to a man in Beijing, to pay for our one week trip, for the China Silk Road. trip. There are probably 40 or 50 couples taking the trip. I am anxious to go to, and walk part of the great wall. I love you and the family. Love Dad

No comments: