Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Treadmill incedent- Dad

Hello to everyone: There is still more stuff going on here. Today was my busy day. I started at 8:00 A. M. and finished at 6:00 P. M. when I finailly walked home with mother.
Yesterday, I went to the gym. I was trying to find a treadmill that was working. Some of them didn't have the light on to indicate that they were working. I found one, but no light. I checked to make sure it was plugged in. It was. I checked to make sure the reset light was on. It was. I thought, well, I will reset it again and it might start. When I pushed the reset button, the lady on the treadmill next to mine, came to a screeching hault. I realized I had pushed the wrong button, so I pushed it again, and hers started going again as fast as it was before it stopped. That poor lady went flying to the front of the tread mill, then went flying to the back of the tread mill , and now is running on the ground. When she hit the ground, she immediately started running forward towards the treadmill again while it is going full speed. Then, she hit the front of the treadmill.. Not a pretty site. I think to myself, things may not go well here for me if I stay and get back onto the treadmill next to her, so I walk out of the gym for a few minutes and then casually walk back in and hope she doesn't recognize me. I put my towel on my head and walk past her, looking in the opposite direction. She doesn't see me, but I think that she is still in a daze....
Today , my last class begin at 2:00 P. M.. I couldn't remember which building it was in, nor what floor it was on. I looked in my papers and it wasn't written down. I have only taught it one time prior, and that was a week ago... I think it is in building seven, but not sure. I start on the third floor of building 7, because floor one and two are not there. It is a big tall ceiling, I begin on floor # 3. I go down the hall and open each door and look in, and when I see a teacher teaching a class, I say sorry and leave. No one understands anyway and they all laugh. I go to the next class and do the same. There are about ten class rooms on each floor. I realize my class isn't on floor three, or I have been fired, because there is a teacher in every room. I go to floor four and do the same. No luck. By now I am late for class. This is my class that is adult education. I am beginning to believe that I should be a student in the class, and not be teaching the class.. I go to floor five and check all of the class rooms.. No luck. Now I am really late and if it is not on floor six, then it would be in another building that is about a ten minute walk from where I am. Now I am beginning to worrry, because If I am to late, my monitor (the person from the party who watches you in the classroom to make sure you teach properly) may not approve. I don't know if the monitor is a student or his full time job is to keep track of me. But, anyway he is the monitor and I am just the teacher. I am getting worried. Becides that, I am on the clock, and my salary of $5.33 per hour, could be docked. I am now running up the stairs to floor 6. I start at the beginning and begin to open the doors. I open the first door, and no one is there. Now I am really scared because I figure my students all go tired of waiting, and left. Now I will lose my entire $16.00, plus get turned in. The guy at the guard gate will probably be sent down to pick me up and take me to the police station. (just for being late to class) Now, I'm thinking, America really looks good. I just know that the branch president is going to have to home teach me in jail. I keep opening doors, just in case that last room was not being used this hour. It is now 2:15 P. M. I am down to the last door. I open it, no teacher, but a lot of students. But, I don't recognize any of the students. I go in anyway. I begin to take roll. The first three names I call, no one responds to. I think well, this is the wrong class, and either these students are here studying, or there teacher is late also. I continue to take roll, because even if I am in the wrong class, I can tell the police that I took roll, and no one was present, so I went home. I continue to take roll. I am only calling their first English name, because that is all I know. Person number four responds that she is here. That's good news, however, I'm still not convinced that I am in the right class I am only calling their first English names and everyone here has been given an English name and there probably 500 kids with the same English name. I look at the next English name. I think to myself, if this person answers he is here, then I am in the right class. There couldn"t be more than one person with this name. I say "Saloon", he answers that he is here. Ah, I think I am in the right place. I call the next students name, just in case. I read his name, Now I know that if he answers that he is here, than I will know I am in the right place. I call his name, "Horse". He answers that he is here. My prayers are answered and I know that I am in the right class. I continue to take roll. I call Apple,, here, Peach, here, Apocolips,here, Flower, Here, Tune, here. And so forth. Well, the class went quite well, and so far I havn't been turned in, or at least no one has come to pick me up. I did however go the ATM machine and withdrew 2000 Yuen, (about $320.00) just in case someone comes after me. I will give him everything I have, and I'm sure he will be happy.
Today after my 8:00 A. M. class, I had somewhat the same experience, but a little different. I begin in building # 7. I teach my class, then I have to walk about ten minutes to Main 2. It is raining like crazy. I get to main two, but I am still about 200 yards from the entrance. I see a different entrance but I would have to climb a bunch of stairs. Actually three stories of stairs. I think, what is closer, climb the stairs, or walk the 200 yards? I only have about 5 minutes prior to class starting. I decide to climb the stars. Exactly 95. I am exausted when I reach the top. Well, at least I can get out of the rain. I go to open the door, It is locked, and no one to open it. It is now 10:00 A.M., and class is starting. I realize that I have to go down 95 stairs and then walk back around the building and then walk the 200 yards to the entrance. I walk down the stairs, and walk towards the entrance. As I approach the entrance, I see the guard. Now, I know for sure I have been caught. I go to walk past him, like I own the place, and hope he doesn't recognize me. He looks at me, and salutes. My lucky day. I bow and keep going. I run to the elevator. I have to go to floor 6. The elevator door opens. I can see that the dingbat before me had punched every button, so now the elevator is going to stop on every floor. Now is 10:10 and it will be 10:15 before I get there. I stop at every floor. Finally I get there. My class is still waiting for me, and I don't see the monitor present. Again my lucky day.
It has been raining all day. After class mother and I walk home, it is still raining like crazy. Mother has an umbrella. I tell her that I have found a short cut to get home faster. She says, "great." We take the short cut. Well, like I say, it has been raining all day. When we get almost home, I see that the short cut is flooded with about 6 inches of water. We have a choice, go through the water, or go back around the regular way and take an additional 15 minutes home. We continue walking towards the flooded area. It is kind of a back alley, where businesses have their back door. All of the back doors are open, and some of the employees of the businesses are watching us to see what we are going to do. They start talking a lot. I know that are taking bets as to whether these dumb Americans will go through the flooded area, or turn around. I look at the flooded area. It is only flooded for about 15 feet, but none the less it is flooded. I ask mother, "what do you want to do? Well, you know mother, she doesn't want to walk clear back, but neither does she want to get here shoes flooded. Now, I know what's coming next. All of the guys are watching us out the back door. Well, I boost mother up on my back, and I sink into the flooded water. The guys watching all begin to clap!! I carry mother through the flood. We made it home safe. Well, that is all for now. On my next e-mail I will tell you about the guy that came to help us fix our cell phones to make them work. We have been here for almost a month now and I have yet to make, or receive a call on my phone. Mother has used hers a litte, but the phone company shut them both off. Well, anyway, that is quite another story. I will fill you in on the next email. It is Wednesday evening and we are home safe. We appreciate hearing from each of you. I love you, Dad .

No comments: