Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Silk Road Trip


Is it any wonder I got an upset stomach? The food tasted good, but my system didn't seem to like it and I had a great trip but ate very little of the food. I was even afraid to eat the raisins at the grape factory for fear they would make me sick--they looked sooooo good!
The camel caravan took us to the top of the Gobi desert sand dunes where we got off and could see for thousands of miles. We then road back down--only 4 from our group went and it was my favorite thing by far.
Here we are passing the one oasis on the way to the top. The blond is from our group. I am in front in the white shirt.
We are at a grape farm with literally 100's of varieties being grown and dried into raisins. I did drink a glass of grape juice they were squeezing in front of us from green grapes. It was delicious and didn't hurt my tummy!
Here we are buying our Terra Cotta warrior.

3 comments:

ThePalmers said...

Mom- your blogging skills are GREAT! I love the pictures, but love the comments next to them even more. Way to go!!! By the way Mom, you are looking WONDERFUL!

Anonymous said...

I agree, the pics are great, the commentary is great, and YOU LOOK GREAT!

AnnaMarie said...

Good work Mom. (Tyler & AM)