Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Email from Dad

I woke up this morning to find my pnone batter on the floor, along with the back of the phone. the battery had increased in size by about 4 times. I'm not sure just what happened, but I thin I'm about to find out. I'm not sure if I blew it up, or just a bad phone. Since I purchased the phone in China, I just naturally assumed it would work on China electrical current. I could be wrong. In any case, it didn't do the phone any good. I am going to get another phone this morning. I hope that will trade it in, but I'm not sure. We had a great flight over, and arrived here in good condition. We went to a restaurant last night right next to our apartment. (20 feet away. It was the dining room for the foreign teachers, or whoever else shows up to eat. Anyway, it was a chinese restaurant. The food was much like the chinese food we order in America. Very delicious. The servings are very large, about twice the size of servings at PF Changs. (or more) I orderered chicken fried rice, sweet and sour pork, some kind of egg with beef, and something like chow mein. It was all very good. When I received the bill, I was taken back. The total bill including a two liter bottle of coke was $9.00. No tip. I guess I could afford it. Oh, we also took with us a young college girl who spent the day with us helping us shop etc. We enough of that. Please call the family, tell them we arrived safely. Please tell them all to send me an email, so I can email them back. I donb't have email addresses on my computer. We are 15 hours ahead of you here, it is 10 A.M. Thursday here, so it is 7:00 P. M. Wednesday there. Love ya. Dad

No comments: