Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fish flopping at my feet- Wynn

Today I went to the market to purchase a few items for our meals next week. I was walking through the meat, and fish department. They have live fish, frogs, shrimp, crab etc in tanks of water. The tanks are about six (6) feet long, about two (2) feet wide and about three (3) feet deep. They are full of fish. Each tank holds it's separate types of live fish. The tanks are set up so that there is a large tank which stands about 4 feet high, then in front of the large tank, there is another large tank that stands about two feet high. As I was walking past the tanks of fish, I got splashed by a large amount of water. I heard a noise, but didn't see what had happened. I stopped to watch. Pretty soon, I see a fish jump up and out of his tank of water, and land in the tank of water below him, in the tank of frogs. The frogs scramble. I finish my shopping, and pass by the fish tanks again. I stop and watch for a minute. This time I see a larger fish, about 16 inches long, jump out of his tank, miss the frog tank, and land on my foot. He flops around on the floor for a minute, an employee picks him up and tosses him back in his own fish tank. It was really surprising to me to see it. No body else in the area seemed to concerned. They just walked around the flopping fish. I wish my grand children could have seen it. They could have petted the fish legally/ I wouldn't even have had to take it out of the tank at Red Lobster. Well, T I C This is China. Just thought I would share it with you. Have a wonderful day. I love you all. Dad

1 comment:

AnnaMarie said...

That's so funny! I would have liked to see that.